Everyone loves a good mixed berry smoothie. Okay, maybe a few don't like them. Most of us do though. This recipe for you. This smoothie is usually a great choice because you most probably have one or two of the various berries on offer at the shops and it is a tasty choice anytime of the day.
Although we call this "mixed berry", please feel free to use this as a general guide and use, mix and match any berries that you may have in your fridge.
Ingredients to Make the Tastiest Mixed Berry Smoothie
A few things are needed to make this berry delicious smoothie:
- Milk of your choice or orange juice
- Mixed berries (frozen or fresh). Frozen berries will create a slightly thicker smoothie.
- Plain yogurt
A few additional extras that you may like to add:
- Vanilla protein powder
Directions to Make the Tastiest Mixed Berry Smoothie
Let’s get straight into it. Here is a rough guide for you to follow:
- Put your ingredients into your Vitamer
- Blend until smooth. This may take one or two blends.
- Do want the same looking smoothie in our picture? Pour your mixed berry smoothie into a glass and then use a little bit of left over yogurt to pour on top.
- Enjoy your mixed berry smoothie.
What Are The Health Benefits of Mixed Berries?
There are multiple beneficial health reasons that you should be trying this smoothie recipe. According to Franziska Spritzler there are as many as 11 potential health benefits linked to berries.
Here are the 6 of the 11 potential health benefits Franziska Spritzler mentions:
Loaded with antioxidants. Due to berries being high in antioxidants they could protect your cells from free radical damage.
- Could potentially help improve blood sugar and insulin response when combined with high-carb foods or included in smoothies.
- High in fiber. This could increase the "fullness" feeling.
- High in many nutrients
- Help fight inflammation
- May help lower cholesterol levels
If you would like to know more about the health benefits associated with berries, read Franziska Spritzler's article about 11 Reasons Why Berries Are Among the Healthiest Foods on Earth here.
*This recipe is a guide, not advice.