Have you joined the smoothie bowl trend yet? We were satisfied drinking my smoothies through a straw, but smoothie bowls are all that and so much more! More flavours, more textures, and so much more fun!
Start your chilly winter day with this Nutritious Peanut Butter, Banana and Oats Smoothie Bowl. It’s a well rounded breakfast that’s delicious and wholesome!
A few health benefits of eating oats
- Oats are incredibly nutritious;
- Whole oats are rich in antioxidants, including avenanthramides;
- Oats contain a powerful soluble fiber called beta-glucan;
- They can lower cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol from damage;
- Oats can improve blood sugar control.
See the article for more information here
Why should I use ButtaNutt Peanut Butter?
Their creamy peanut butter is made from locally sourced, dry-roasted, high-oleic peanuts. It has been said that the ButtaNutt peanut butter ain’t no ordinary peanut butter. Peanut power without all the bad stuff:
No added sugar
No added salt
30% more monounsaturated fats than regular peanuts
Locally sourced Hi-Oleic peanuts from the Northern Cape
100% recyclable glass jar and lid
View some of ButtaNutt's tasty recipes here.
To make this delicious smoothie bowl you will need a few things:
- 200ml cup fat free/ButtaNutt almond/ButtaNutt oat or soya milk
- 50ml warm water
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons ButtaNutt peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (brown sugar or honey work well)
- In a small saucepan (or the microwave), heat your chosen milk to desired temperature. (not boiling)
- Mix 200ml of the warm milk with the 50ml warm water and add to your Vitamer.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. (Turn your Vitamer upside-down to start and then blend)
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl.
- Stir in extra hot milk if required.
- Garnish with oats, muesli, cinnamon powder, or any other desired toppings.
Fresh banana slices
A drizzle of honey
Fill your Vitamer halfway with water;
Add a drop of dishwashing soap;
Rinse out your Vitamer and stand to dry.
*The above directions are suited for our 400ml & 500ml Vitamer.
*This recipe will work perfectly with a 350ml, 380ml, 400ml and 500ml Vitamer.
*Use half the ingredients when using the 350ml & 380ml Vitamer.
Enjoy your Winter Warmer Smoothie Bowl!
*This recipe is a guide, not advice.